When weddings can conjure a thousand clichés, Robyn Kotze, Founder and Creative Director of THE TITLE, provides modern perspectives on wedding style and curated occasions. We speak to Robyn about her newly launched wedding consultancy and how to strike the balance between the traditional and contemporary.
What wedding trends have emerged since the pandemic?
1. Designer Danille Frankel.
2. Something you love and would wear all year round made into off white or ivory (maybe brands today have a bridal section which is just their hero pieces in white)
3. Party photos (remember the early days of Facebook)
4. Artisan cakes just got more artisan.
5. Personal touches - everything from the table setting to the crockery and bespoke candles. Artistic flourishes are the most exciting part.
In your view, what's the most iconic wedding?
It might be a little obvious but for me, it’s always been, John F Kennedy and Carolyn Bessette.
Best advice for getting the occasion just right?
Make sure you feel yourself (your best self) in your chosen look. Try to relax and enjoy it all as its time goes ever so quickly.